Sunday, August 30, 2009

Things I could not live without

Here in the Northern Alabama, it promises to be a hot muggy day. The kind of day that really makes you think--it's summertime. And, I confess, the kind of day that makes me grateful for small things on the farm.


That got me to thinking about things we can't live without. As far as around the barn, my most prized purchase is my Frank Automatic Water Fountain. http://www.alpacatv.com/waterer-order-form.aspx
I did the research before I built the barn and am so glad I did. Every morning as I walk to the barn on my way to feed the alpacas I glance at my water system and smile. When it is hot, the alpacas have cool water. When it is freezing, their water is not.

The other day I listened to a podcast recommending putting goldfish in the water trough to help eat the algae, mosquito larva and keep it clean (Yuk!! I don't think so). Another person said they had to attach four garden hoses together just to reach the barn form the house. Do not get me wrong, I have made plenty of mistake, but do not try to talk me out of my automatic water fountain! I love it!

Would live to hear about things you cannot live without, barn or no barn?

1 comment:

  1. Great post to make us think! Equipment wise,I could not live without my computer, my digital camera and my barn cam! Then of course the support I get from my family is so very nice too. :)

    ReplyDelete